photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Monday, March 2

Babies don't keep

Lately, I've been noticing that my sweet babies just aren't babies anymore. Still as sweet as ever.. just growing oh to fast.


Lilly Kate just recently turned 5 years old and for those of you who know LK, you know that she's been going on 15 since birth. She entered this world making her own plans and forcing everyone she knew to follow along with her. She's strong-willed and vivacious! She was never a "child", just a miniature grown-up! It saddens me that all her tiny baby curls are no more. She's becoming more and more independent by the minute. I miss the days of just she and I. We were a perfect little pair. God blessed us. She will always hold my heart and be "mine"........... because she was for so long. (ok, in case you're wondering... yes, tears are falling as I type!)


Some of my favorite "Lilly Moments" (so hard to just pick a few!)


And now...



Ethan is my sweet one. (not that his sister isn't) I'll be honest, he's way too beautiful to be a boy.. but a boy he definitely is! He is the epitome of all things "boyish". He was our untimely little surprise. Life was not ready for Ethan, but he somehow eased his way into it. He's easy-going and carefree. There's not an ounce of fear in his little body. I say little, but he is far from it! He was going on 9 lbs when he was born and hasn't slowed down since. He is currently the size of a child a year older than him.... I sure hope he likes football! He's my bashful baby.. he has such quiet and innocent eyes. He will break your heart in a second!! (trust me!) He's a pleaser and a cuddler. I tell him that he's my soul. Lilly has my heart and he fills up my soul with all things good in the world! Lately, he's been looking more and more like a boy and not so much a baby anymore. He still has those sweet cheeks and mischievous eyes though.. i hope he never loses those! (girls will fall for him like crazy!) :) There's nothing better than seeing his toothy little grin to make a bad day better! I will miss cuddling with my little guy, as those quiet moments are few and far between these days!



My Sweet E..



Lately...





I guess it was this last picture of Ethan that got that "empty nest" feeling within me. He just looked so grown up. Then i read an incredible blog (post below) about how another mom is feeling the same way as me. She wrote about how she still longs to hold her little boy and quoted from the book Love You Forever.

It's about a Momma who picks up her baby while he sleeps and rocks him


back and forth,
back and forth
back and forth

And she would sing,

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
my baby you'll be.


Incredibly sweet, right?! Yes... more tears... oh geez!

Well, then i came across this poem... and i really started to feel the tug on the heart strings!!


Song for a Fifth Child

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.




So true.... babies don't keep.... enjoy them while they last!
Maybe it's time for Baby Stickles #3?! ...... well, maybe not yet.... :)

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

Chris & April said...

Ok so I was crying the whole time I was reading/looking at pictures of Lilly. Part because I feel the same way about Addyson but also because I cannot believe that Lilly is as grown as she is. It just seems like yesterday none of us had our own children and she was all of our "little ladybug."

This feeling must be floating around these days because another blog that I follow ("My Charming Kids") which you should totally read because she is hilarous had the exact same blog title today as you and she referenced the exact same poem. Us blogging moms are so sappy!

Candice Lynn said...

Baby Stickles #3??? Could you people just let me get married first? haha.

i miss Baby Lilly! so precious!