photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Thursday, August 20

Mid-Week Update!

This week is the first week of school for both kiddos! Last week Lilly Kate only went one day, but this week she starts her full time schedule. It has been quite the adjustment! Our mornings are hectic, to say the least!! We leave home at 8:30, get to LK's school at 8:40, and walk her to the front door. Now, b/c I've chosen to walk her.. this means that I have to unload Lilly AND Ethan from the car! By the time we get everything out of the car and walk up to the front doors, drop LK off and walk back.. it's 9:00! (and usually i'm hot and gross by this point! yuck!) As soon as we leave Lilly's school we head to East Memphis to take Ethan to his school!

This year, with LK starting Kindergarten, we decided to put Ethan into two Mother's Day Out programs. I was afraid he'd get bored just being at home alone all day! (and drive me crazy!!) So, on Tuesday and Thursday he goes to 2nd Baptist on Walnut Grove, and on Wednesday and Friday he goes to Christ Methodist! We are so excited about BOTH of his schools!! They both have such great programs. This is our first year with Christ Methodist, so we're anticipating a lot of good things to come. I can definitely say that we love 2nd though!!! My kids have learned SO much from all the sweet teachers there!

I go to work from 10-2, while the kids are in school. I LOVE this!! It's such a nice break from the craziness of "home" stuff! And I love the extra money that 20hrs a week gives me! I leave work at 2 and head straight over to get Ethan b/c he gets out of school at 2:30. We usually get about an hour to run errands or do whatever we need to do before we have to go get Lilly Kate. At about 3:30, I have to go get in the "Car Rider" line at her school. Now, school lets out at 4, which means that we have to sit in line for THIRTY minutes. It's a long time, but luckily as soon as they start letting the kids out, it moves VERY quickly. We're usually back home by 4:20 or so. What an exhausting day though!!! I feel like I can barely catch my breathe sometimes! I dont know how women with children work full time!! (and for those of you that do.. you are my hero!!!) I'm stressed out enough with the tight schedule that we have, I can't imagine it being even tighter!

Ethan is so excited about his new school year!! He LOVES both of his schools. I was worried how he would be, since he is very attached to Mommy! :) But he's done great! No fussiness at all! He's gone right in and started playing/coloring/whatever they're doing that morning. I even get an excited "Bye, Mommy" when I leave! It's been such a relief!! He's not the social butterfly like Miss Lilly, so I tend to coddle him a little. He's a bit bashful, so this is so nice when he immediately feels comfortable in a new surrounding! :)
My baby is way too big!! :(

Lilly Kate is LOVING Kindergarten!! (and especially Mrs. Jeffrey!) We are so fortunate to have her for LK's teacher. She has had the best time this week! I know she is going to learn so much from Mrs. Jeffrey and we are so thankful for her. For the first two weeks of school, each day is assigned a color for the kids to wear. Lilly has loved picking out her colored clothing every night for the next day! Monday was "red" day.. so.. here's her red...

Tuesday was blue day... wearing her favorite princess dress! :)

And of course, princess clip to match!

Yesterday was yellow day. LK doesn't have much yellow, only a t-shirt, so we didn't get a picture. Sorrry!! Today is green day though and she looks super cute! I'll be sure to snap one tonight, as well, as the rest of the "color" days!

Also.. this morning it was storming, so we had a new adventure going to school! I knew it would be a mess trying to get Ethan out and into the rain so I parked across the street and let LK walk up to the school by herself! She walked to the crossing guard and crossed the street, then walked up the sidewalk to the front doors!! It was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!! I was SOOO proud of her for being such a big girl! She was loaded down with her backpack and lunch box, but her rain coat and Princess umbrella were adorable! Gosh.. my baby is so big and independent! Luckily, the rain was only a light sprinkle while she was walking! I was worried about her getting wet and then being in a bad mood all day! LK gets her attitude from me.. so I knew what I was in for! ha!

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and can manage to stay dry!!! I hope this rain lets up a little so I can run tonight! We'll see?! ;)




Photobucket

No comments: