photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Friday, April 23

Show Us Your Life - How I Met My Husband!

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Today, Kelly's Korner, is hosting "How You Met Your Husband" on SUYL. I thought this was a really cute idea!

Chris and I met in April of 2003 through mutual friends. One of my best friends, Amanda, was dating one of his friends, Brian. Chris and I both had recently been in relationships. BTW - the girl he was dating before me.. LOVE HER! She's one of the sweetest girls I've ever met and talk about gorgeous!! Everytime Jennifer is brought up in a conversation, I tell Chris that he was crazy to go from HER to ME! haha! :) I had just very recently gotten out of mine. Daniel and I had dated on and off for almost 2 years - and, at the time, it ended badly... so I was definitely not interested in dating anyone! Amanda was persistant in wanting me to hang out with her and Brian and his friends. I kept putting it off until one night she called and said that they were going to Huey's for dinner. Well, hey.. a girl's gotta eat, right?! :) AND, Huey's cheese fries are by far my most favorite meal ever! So, I gave in and went. If you can imagine a table FULL of 19-20 year old boys (drinking whiskey on fake i.d.'s, i might add!) and only two girls.. me being the only single one.. you can imagine how entertaining the night was! ha! I really didn't think much of Chris at the time. I mean, I sat next to him and we chatted, but that was about it.

A few weekends later, my friend, Jennifer, and I decided to go to Double Decker in Oxford. Double Decker is a little outdoors music festival in the town square. Jennifer had actually just broken up with her boyfriend too, so by the time I got to her house (after her calling me every single minute on the dot asking where I was!) she had drank an entire bottle of wine BY.HER.SELF! Yes - a hot mess is exactly what she was! But, we went anyway. While walking around, I spotted a guy named Justin, he is Chris' best friend and was also at Huey's that night. We both saw each other at the same time and had that "Hey.. I think I know that person from somewhere" look! He got Chris' attention and Chris came running up and gave me the biggest hug imaginable. Now.. this was definitely the alcohol talking b/c my husband is NEVER that outgoing sober! haha! I think it was right then and there that I knew that I liked him. He was funny and bold and quite charming! :) Because of this encounter at Double Decker, Jennifer always refers to my husband as "the guy she met at Double Decker"!! Oh Jen B - I do love her!

The next weekend, the "group", yet again met up at Huey's. This time I brought along my brother, Ricky. Up to this point, Ricky had played baseball with every single guy that I had liked or dated.. so, I needed to make sure that he approved of Chris. (ha! what a good sister I am!) After dinner, we all went back to Justin's house (Chris' best friend) and just sat around and chatted. Good thing.. Ricky approved of Chris! :)

We actually ran into each other a few more times at MusicFest and BBQ Fest before he finally asked me out on a date. We went to dinner and a movie. (so exciting, I know.. ha!) After that we were pretty much inseperable for the rest of the summer.

So.. that magical Huey's encounter (haha!) was history in the making! It led us to a wonderful marriage, two babies and a lifetime of happiness. I am truly the luckiest girl in the world. I have never loved anyone as much as Chris.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mrs. S said...

so sweet!!

Kristen said...

awww..so sweet! I love this topic and reading all the stories!