photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Friday, January 28

Happy Birthday my sweet girl!

I can not believe it.. today my sweet Lilly Kate turns SEVEN!!!

SEVEN!!! That word just doesn't make sense to me at all!!! First of all, I do not feel old enough to be the mom of a seven year old! ha! And second of all, I have no earthly idea where in the world seven years have gone!!

It seems just like yesterday that I was bringing her home from the hospital.. scared out of my wits! I had no idea how to care for a baby!!! Not to mention that she came 5 weeks early, so I was NOT prepared at all! She has been non-stop ever since! She makes sure that the world revolves around her and her time clock!! I absolutely love her sweet spirit and her ability to look at all the good in the world and others. There is not a single soul like her in the entire world. I am SO lucky to be able to call her mine! She is an absolute beauty!! I sure do miss those curls though.. gosh, and THOSE CHEEKS!! She came out looking EXACTLY like her Daddy (and he is SO proud of that!!). She was an amazing baby.. she slept through the night at 2 weeks and never got sick. She was happy.. never cried and always loved everyone she met. Truth be told, she just didn't really prepare me for what real motherhood was like! She took it way too easy on me!! I thought motherhood was a walk in the park! haha!

She has blossomed into quite the little lady! She is an amazing big sister!! She loves her little brother so much and is so protective of him. I can not wait to see her with her new sibling. I know she is going to be quite the "little mommy"! She is SO smart!! I'm not just saying that either.. she was put into advanced classes at school because she was so far ahead of her other classmates. SO SMART!! She is so well-rounded! She enjoys watching sports with her Daddy (unless it involves being in the heat! ha!), she loves her ballet and piano lessons, she loves going to the library AND doing book reports for school (really?? who like book reports?? LK DOES!), and she can put on the BEST home rockstar performance I've ever seen!!! The girl can put on a show, that's for sure! She is funny and tender-hearted.. loving and classy.. she is just an incredible person! I am so excited to watch her grow up and see who she becomes! Whether a poweful attorney, a world-class doctor.. or a stay-at-home mommy like me.. I know she will always make us so proud of her!


Wow! These pregnancy hormones are getting the best of me.. I AM BALLING LIKE A BABY!!! haha! So.. the only other thing I can say is..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LILLY KATE STICKLES!!! WE LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!


I am sure I will have a very fun birthday weekend post on Monday!!! She is going to be SO excited about what's in store for her this weekend!! :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristen said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday to Lilly!