photo home-6.jpg  photo family.jpg  photo loves-1.jpg  photo nest.jpg  photo chat-1.jpg

Saturday, August 6

Happy 1 Month, Gray!


I can not believe that my sweet baby is already a month old!! It seems like it was just yesterday that I was impatiently awaiting his arrival and now he's here! We have absolutely enjoyed this past month and are so thankful that Gray is FINALLY a part of our family.

Here's a few stats on Gray:

  • I weighed you today and you are a whopping 12 pounds!
  •  
  • You are still 22 inches long
  •  
  • You have outgrown all of your newborn onesies and are now in 3-6 mo ones.. and filling them out!
  •  
  • You are in size 2 diapers!! We still have a few size 1 left that we're trying to use up ASAP!
  •  
  • You are really starting to look around at your surroundings and seem very curious about everything going on. You always have to be where the action is and hate to be alone. You LOVE to be held!
  •  
  • You are doing incredibly well with sleeping at night. You usually go to sleep around 11, wake up around 2 or 3, go back to sleep, and then wake up around 5 or 6. Then you'll take a little nap. It's working out really well with LK and E's schedule! I'm SO glad that you haven't mixed up your days and nights!! (knock on wood!) You're already sleeping in your crib too!! You like it better b/c it has alot more room than your cradle.
  •  
  • You HATE to be swaddled! Poor baby had no room in my tummy that now you like to sprawl all out!
  •  
  • You are not a big fan of the pacifier.. at all!
  •  
  • You are now on formula 100%. I stopped producing milk, so nursing and pumping wasn't filling you up. I had to supplement with formula and, of course, you decided that you liked that better... SO.. formula it is! I have to say though that you were nursing SO SO well! I am so proud of you for that.. you made it so easy for me! :)
  •  
  • You love to take baths.. although you've already outgrown the newborn "sling" portion!
  •  
  • You love to ride in the car but you get so hot in your infant seat. I try to keep our outings to a minimum.
  •  
  • You love your bouncy seat and your swing.. as long as you know someone is very near. 
  •  
  • You are extremely noisy and "coo" all the time.. while you're eating, while you're sleeping.. I hope this isn't a sign of an extremely talkative child!! ;)



We are so incredibly in love with you and are blessed to have you here! We look forward to all the many more months to come!

{ps - i got this super cute chalkboard idea off pinterest - my new favorite obsession!}

Photobucket

3 comments:

emily said...

He is precious! Can't believe it's been a month. Loving the chalkboard idea too!

~Lindsey said...

Nat (& fam)... seriously, he's way too cute!! And I've said it before, what an wonderful name! You even spelled it the way it's supposed to be spelled, w/ an A! (of course, I am a bit biased when it comes to how it's spelled for obvious reasons) When I get married & adopt kids, actually, I want to adopt even if I don't get married so... when I decide to finally adopt, I want to name my son Gray. I guess I do need to be married to do that now that I think about it. I don't know if he'd apprecite being named Gray Gray. LOL! Love keeping up w/ your cute little family on here. http://beautyandthedisability.blogspot.com/

natalie {stickles 5} said...

L - this made me laugh! I think you need a little "Gray Gray"!! Ha! :)